- Paperback: 1256 pages
- Publisher: Wrox (June 5, 2007)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470124709
Get ready to give your programming skills a boost by learning how to write robust applications in Visual Basic. This comprehensive resource not only takes you through the latest features of Visual Basic 2005 but also shows you how to apply this powerful language in the .NET Framework 3.0. Along the way, it provides you with sample code and best practices so you can quickly get started.
The expert author team will help you easily make the transition to the newest version of Visual Basic. You’ll also examine full object orientation, new component techniques, and new visual tools for local and Internet interfaces. And you’ll find out how to access databases and utilize other technologies such as XML. You’ll then be able to create everything from traditional console and ASP.NET applications to XML Web Services.
What you will learn from this book
- Strategies for building new application types using Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Debugging techniques so you can achieve optimal performance
- Tips for creating applications and libraries based upon Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Workflow Foundation (WF), and WindowsÂ® CardSpace
- How to work with namespaces, SQL Server, XML Web Services, and Windows Services
- Ways to integrate security features from the .NET 3.0 Framework into your application
- All about the Visual Studio 2005 IDE and advanced features of ASP.NET 3.0
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced Visual Basic developers who need to make the transition to the .NET 3.0 Framework.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Enhance Your Knowledge
Advance Your CareerDownload: