- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Apress (May 29, 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1590596471
This book introduces a fast-track path to understanding Atlas, and how this technology can increase the power and functionality of your code while conserving time and effort. The book begins with a bare-bones introduction that explains how Atlas relates to Ajax.
Microsoft Atlas is a web-client framework that makes building Ajax-style applications easier. It provides a prewritten framework that gives you a structured environment in which to work. Atlas also provides you with an object model and standardized debugging to make development faster and simpler.
The book guides you through a series of practical examples that demonstrate the Atlas framework and available controls. After reading this book, you’ll be able to compile a seamless Atlas-based application of your own!
* In anticipation of changes during development of the Atlas technology, the updated source code is posted for download on the author’s blog, www.philotic.com/blog.
* This book demystifies the Atlas technology and shows you how to work with it.
* The first book dedicated to this revolutionary new technology.
* Written by an experienced .NET author in collaboration with the Atlas development team.
About the Author
Laurence Moroney is the Director of Technology Evangelism at Mainsoft, the cross-platform development company. He has over 10 years in software development and architecture, specializing in interoperability, security and performance in such diverse environments as Casinos, Jails, the Border Patrol, Airports, Professional Soccer and Financial Services. He has written several books on computing, including some on Web Services Security, ASP.NET and Java/.NET interoperability, as well as dozens of articles on various technology issues.
He lives in Sammamish, Washington with wife Rebecca and children Claudia and Christopher. His blog is at www.philotic.com, where you can find lots of Atlas and other development resources.